Inspiring, informing and supporting young people in Wales into careers in the creative industries
The Creative Careers Programme Cymru (CCP Cymru) launched in February 2020 with an aim to lift the veil on the hidden roles that exist across the creative industries in Wales and to help young people, new entrants to the sector and careers advisers to understand better the breadth of roles that exist across the creative economy and the pathways into them.
Funded by Welsh Government through Creative Wales, Creative Careers Programme Cymru / Rhaglen Gyrfaoedd Creadigol Cymru (CCP Cymru) is led by Creative & Cultural Skills in partnership with Arts Council of Wales, Ffilm Cymru, ScreenSkills and Trac Cymru.
The programme has recently concluded its pilot year and despite the transition to a digital delivery model due to Covid-19, its impact across Wales has been far reaching. Its success has been recognised alongside the work of the wider Creative Careers Programme and Discover! Creative Careers events by winning the 2021 UK Career Development Award for Innovative Employer Engagement Activity.
- We delivered training sessions to 225 careers advisers to introduce them to careers in the creative industries and ensure they understood the varied roles and pathways available. Due to high-demand, this training developed into a digital conference for careers advisers which took place in December 2020.
- We delivered a live ‘Screen Careers’ panel discussion to 140 participants which featured professionals from across the Welsh screen industry and was aimed at 16 – 25 year olds interested in pursuing a career in this area.
- We developed a brand-new Screen Careers Toolkit featuring 20 career profile cards and talking head interviews with professionals from across the Welsh screen industry
- We produced over 30 new industry-led careers videos depicting the journey of creative and cultural professionals through their careers, which were launched in Digital Discover! Creative Careers Week (23rd-27th November 2020)
- We worked with 15 employers from the creative industries to deliver diversity and inclusion training with a focus on different types of placements, to improve the understanding of different pathways with an aim to broaden entry into the creative industry workforce
- We launched the Welsh language functionality of the careers website, which can now be populated with Welsh language and Wales-focused opportunities
- If you’re a teacher or careers adviser in Wales, download our guide to using the CCP Cymru online resources (download the Welsh language version here)
- Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to hear about the latest CCP Cymru news.