Our achievements so far
The Creative Careers Programme was launched in 2019 to inspire young people from across England to learn about the incredible range of career opportunities available to them in our world-leading creative industries.
In the first year alone over 1,000 creative sector employers engaged with the programme, leading to 92,000 student interactions with the industry. The most recent Discover! Creative Careers Week 2021, which took place online during National Careers Week, saw over 119,000 students engage with online films, resources and live Q&As.
Together, with our CCP delivery partners and alongside employers and individuals from across all 12 creative industry sub-sectors, we have:
- Supported over 2,000 schools to meet their Gatsby Benchmarks through their engagement across the CCP and the recent Discover! Creative Careers Week 2021
- Engaged over 199,000 students through an online programme of films, resources and live Q&As with industry professionals during Discover! Creative Careers Week 2021
- Given 27,000 students hands-on experience with industry through Discover! Creative Careers Week, immersive events and work experience opportunities
- Inspired 64,000 students by bringing leaders from across the creative industries into their school assemblies through the Speakers for Schools programme
- Supported the delivery of 350 work experience opportunities with the help of S4SNextGen
- Signed up 320 new Enterprise Advisors from the creative sector, who work with The Careers and Enterprise Company (CEC) to support school leadership teams on their careers strategies
- Launched DiscoverCreative.Careers, a one-stop-shop website designed to help young people and their teachers, parents and guardians discover the range of jobs available across all the
creative industries and the routes into them.
- Provided regional training for the CEC's Enterprise Coordinators to broaden their understanding of the creative industries and the range of occupations that exist
Watch our Discover! Creative Careers Week 2019 film, showcasing some of the activity that took place across England during the week:
For any general enquires about the Creative Careers Programme, please contact: [email protected]