Creative & Cultural Skills has been involved in apprenticeships since 2008, when we first supported the development of the creative apprenticeship frameworks for the industry. Since then we’ve seen thousands of apprenticeship starts in the sector, supporting young people to pursue an alternative route into employment in our growing industry.
Our passion for apprenticeships still continues today, having supported or delivered a number of initiatives to raise awareness of, and engagement with, work based learning opportunities.
- Ongoing employer advice and guidance around apprenticeships and best practice entry-level recruitment from 1:1 in person business support, over the phone advice, employer focused events and training, and up to date guides and toolkits.
- Setting up and running an Apprenticeship Training Agency for creative apprenticeships
- Developing, in partnership with industry advisory groups, the creative apprenticeship frameworks
- Working with Further Education Colleges across the UK to help them deliver creative apprenticeships for the first time
- Working as a delivery partner for the Future Jobs Fund programme to highlight the benefits of employing young people
- Delivering Arts Council England’s flagship workforce development initiative The Creative Employment Programme, supporting the creation of thousands of work-based learning opportunities for young people across England
- We are consulted by the Department for Education, DCMS and the Institute for Apprenticeships on skills, apprenticeship and technical education matters.
All of this work has helped us understand the challenges employers face when recruiting new talent and the flexibilities they need when working with a training provider or college.
We’re always happy to talk about apprenticeships, so if you have a query or would simply like a chat about how apprenticeships could work for you, please do get in touch at [email protected]