The shortlist has been launched for the fifth annual Northern Ireland Creative & Cultural Skills Awards. Tickets are now available for this year’s awards ceremony on Thursday 5 December in Belfast Metropolitan College.
The Northern Ireland Creative & Cultural Skills Awards is a unique, industry-led event, which celebrates the fantastic work being carried out to develop skills in the cultural sector.
David said, “The Northern Ireland Creative & Cultural Skills Awards is an important date in the calendar for the cultural sector. We were particularly happy to see a number of applications this year from organisations and individuals working on long-term projects, which are really investing in the future of creative skills development.”
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in Belfast Metropolitan College on Thursday 5 December. As well as the ceremony, delegates will also have the opportunity to hear from industry professionals and young people at the start of their career.
Head of Partnerships – Northern Ireland, Sarah Jones, said “We are thrilled to be returning to Belfast Met for the fifth annual Northern Ireland Creative & Cultural Skills Awards. The quality of nominations we received was extremely high and the judges did not have an easy job choosing the winners.
As well as celebrating the organisations and individuals that have made it to the final stage of the awards, we will also be taking time at the event to talk about the work Creative & Cultural Skills has planned over the next year. We have a few exciting announcements to make on the day which will be of great interest to the sector!”
Northern Ireland Creative Tutor of the Year Award
- Nadine Hegarty, FireworksDDTA
- Emma Dickson, North West Regional College
- Carie Logue-Houston, North West Regional College
- Alison Thompson and Peter Graham, Northern Ireland Film & Television School at South Eastern Regional College
- Darren Porter, Belfast Met Film and TV School
Northern Ireland Creative Student of the Year Award
- Jack Bradshaw, Northern Regional College
- HND in Creative Media Production Class of 2019, Northern Ireland Film & Television School at South Eastern Regional College
- Aoife Harvey, North West Regional College
- Conor Finn, Ulster University
Northern Ireland Creative Industry Skills Award
- Enter Yes
- Sean Boyle, Into Film
- Peter Heenan, Facilitator, Actor and Theatre Maker
Northern Ireland Education and Industry Collaborative Project Award
- Alan McCracken and Thomas Scott, Belfast Metropolitan College, and Harry Hamilton, Flash Harry
- Martin Melarky, Nerve Belfast Creative Learning Centre, and Colin Williams, Sixteen South