Published: January 2020
Whilst many of us have diversity action plans designed to change our organisation’s approach, we know that these alone don’t bring about change, only the people in our organisations can do this.
The Best Practice Recruitment Guide for Creative Leaders has been designed to help employers reflect on how they might currently approach recruitment and offers simple steps that could help a business reach beyond the norm. We’d like to support employers to understand what diversity and inclusivity really mean, and the moral, social and legal implications of truly embracing these. It covers a range of topics including:
- Understanding diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Understanding the difference between routes into the workforce, from Industry Placements to Employees, Workers and the Self-Employed
- Determining employment status
- How to reach the widest pool of talent – from practical advice around job descriptions, interview techniques and induction
- An introduction to workforce development policies
The guide has been created by Creative & Cultural Skills, on behalf of the Creative Careers Programme.
Content in the guide has been supported by Counterculture Partnership LLP.